Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Torch - Cree - Ultrafire 14500

Is this mode designed to make people have fits, or somethingmore useful?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
DerbyBorn wrote in
2.222:

I have had a small torch for a few years that took either a AA cell or
a Ultrafire YF 14500 (3.7v).(I think I ordered the torch, batteries
and charger together) Recently I mislaid it and ordered another off
EBay.

It arrived today - marked HWA-WYS Ultrafire. and CREE. Looks identical
to original (Focussing lens)

Tested it with a conventional AA and it was fine - cautiously tried it
with the 3.7v which has been fine on the original - it caused the
light to flash on and off. Is this some pretection mode for being
over-volt?

Damn - just found a review on Youtube and realise that it has a "Strobe
Function" The review confirms the battery is ok.