Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need recommendations for pneumatic construction stapler

I have three framing nailers that I use in rotation, or as needed. Two different model Hitachis, one Bostitch.

All of them shoot from 6d (2") to 12d (3 1/4") by just changing nails. Same magazine.

Most folks have no idea what is available as far as pneumatic nails go, or what nail sizes are at their gun will shoot.

Nails not commonly available but easily ordered would be nails with certain glues, galvanized or plated, ring shanks, chrome plated, stainless Steel, and any combination.

About ten years ago I put a clay tile roof on a house (tiles about 90 years old, hand thrown) and the screed attachment spec was to use 8d stainless ring shanks nails. Took about 2 weeks to get them, but no problem once ordered.

Robert