Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Need recommendations for pneumatic construction stapler

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:14:52 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/9/2018 6:27 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 7:52 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 22:20:32 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/7/2018 8:27 PM, Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do not last.

Thanks a ;lot

* I like the Porter-Cable nail guns I have , also like my H-F framing
nailer - but it's heavy . I don't recall the brand of staplers we used
in the cabinet shops , but they all seemed pretty much the same . As Dan
said , sometimes suppliers will give you guns , but I doubt you'll be
using the kind of volume they want for that .
Not only are the HF framing nailers heavy but they're huge (at least
mine is). It's really hard to maneuver it around and impossible to
get into many places. I used it once, then went out and bought a
Hitachi.

My PC brad, finish, and narrow crown staplers work fine, though.

* I originally bought that nailer to build a fence . That job paid for
it , the rest is gravy - That nail gun has pretty much built this house
we're living in . Framing , sheathing , roof decking , the floor , all
nailed with that gun . I found very few situations that I couldn't use it .
A framing nailer to build a fence?
* Yup , 6' cedar dogear nailed to treated 2X4's . That was a unique
fence , we used steel posts and covered both sides with rough cut cedar
. T'was a mighty fine looking fence when I finished it .

Sounds like huge overkill. I have a siding/fencing nailer for such
and use stainless ringshank nails. Are ringshanks available for
framing nailers?

* I built what the customer wanted . He's payin' for it , I'm doing
what he wants - within reason and the law . I also rebuilt his deck ,
and did a lot of other small jobs for him . Had several customers in
that circle of friends , and they all lived in that same general
neighborhood . A handyman that has multiple skills can pretty much write
his own ticket in some places . North Midtown Memphis is one of them .
Word gets out and a guy can make a decent living doing home repairs .

I have no doubt about that. It's certainly not unique to TN. It's
probably pretty universal, at least in places where there is an active
economy.