Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Need recommendations for pneumatic construction stapler

On 3/9/2018 9:24 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 8:56:07 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
wrote:
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 3:27:57 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Wow your bench fees are kinda high. IIRC my Senco finish nail gun cost
me $21. to be repaired last year. Location location location I guess.

Could be. Texas Tool, Southwest Fastener and Brannon's don't want
general public business. I have talked to many a butt hurt hobbyist that
takes in their ancient gun that has been out of production for decades
and is ****ed off because the fastener guys don't want to even take a
look. They know that if they take off the head to replace the cylinder
seals most likely the head seals will start to leak. I have two guns that
do this now, BTW. So for them, too much hassle.

If I buy enough nails, they will waive the bench fee. And like I said,
if it is soft parts, there is no charge for installation and even for
parts. BUT, they don't want a hobby guy that buys one box of nails or
brads every couple of years to do anything more than that. The fastener
companies around here are built on volume.

So much so, that Brannon's, one of the oldest fastener supply companies
in Texas is here, and if they didn't sell you the gun, they won't work on it!

Gotta be good to be independent.

Robert

Obviously where you are going nail sales are much more profitable than
rebuilding guns. And when they do rebuild a gun they only want to work on
ones that they sell and have parts for. Totally understand that strategy.

Decades ago in Houston The new car dealers service departments would put
vehicles from other dealers behind in line to those that bought the vehicle
from their dealership. These days there are so many dealerships and
competition the dealers do not care where you bought the vehicle, you are
treated the same.

A few years ago I needed a new snowblower. (Google it if you don't know what those are ;-) )

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we call them "Lawn Mowers" down here. :~)

I wanted an Ariens, which can be bought at HD or at independents for the same price, since
Ariens sets the price. I was talking to the guy at one of the independents and he said "We do
the warranty work for HD. Besides the extra time to get the machine from them and back to
them, which machines do you think we work on first, our customer's or their's?"

I bought it from the indy.

I prefer buying from the servicer.