Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Torch - Cree - Ultrafire 14500

On 10/03/2018 13:52, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have had a small torch for a few years that took either a AA cell or a
Ultrafire YF 14500 (3.7v).(I think I ordered the torch, batteries and
charger together) Recently I mislaid it and ordered another off EBay.

It arrived today - marked HWA-WYS Ultrafire. and CREE. Looks identical to
original (Focussing lens)

Tested it with a conventional AA and it was fine - cautiously tried it with
the 3.7v which has been fine on the original - it caused the light to flash
on and off. Is this some pretection mode for being over-volt?

A lot of these torches have more than one mode of operation and flashing
on/off is one of these modes. Repeatedly pressing the on off button
cycles through the modes of operation which may be "on fill brightness
- on half brightness - off = on flashing - off - etc. repeated cycle.