Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Continental europe having problems with 50Hz

On Fri, 09 Mar 2018 18:52:45 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
I just don't worry about burglars. If you want to, then own two cars.
Always leave one in the driveway. Way too risky to burgle a house with
a car present.

They'd just nick the car instead...

Too traceable, and insured anyway.

And just watch your premium go up if you claim for a stolen car.

Two neighbours have had cars stolen which disappeared without trace.
Probably taken abroad.

I don't know anyone who has ever had a car stolen. Move.

I had a colleague who had a car stolen. When it was recovered it was found
that the thieves had dropped some ball bearings into the carburettor. So
new engine needed.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England