Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default go high price and baby it or go low and buy two

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:23:15 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
many german companies have been sold off whole or in part
usually if it is parted the manufacturing side goes to china

and it does not take long to see that transfer show up in the market

some high quality designs are showing up in low priced tools

if i need a tool and can find it for 20 versus 150 i will try the 20
out just to see how bad it really is since the risk is so low

As long as you have time to test it before you really need it for a job/project.

and if it works well enough then buy a spare or two and still be saving
money and who cares if it breaks or gets lost

As long as you have time to test it and then go buy spares before you really need it for a
job/project.

two that come to mind are a palm nailer and an paint sprayer

I bought a cheap paint sprayer. I've brought it home to use, tested it first and it sucked. I wasted
paint and I wasted time going back out to buy a decent one.

There is risk: Wasted time. Sometimes time is money. Other times it's just wasted time, which
also sucks.

priced so low that its no worry at all and they work as intended

Don't you mean *if* they work as intended?