Brent M.

Default Spa Heater (Laars) Won't Stay On

The heater is 16+ years old and the header has rust that flakes off. I may
need to replace the heater altogether. On the rare occasion that it works,
it works beautifully.

I'm limping along on the hope that it is something simple like a loose
connection, plugged pipe or something and I can avoid $650 for a new heater
plus whatever it costs to install ($250??).

wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:28:35 -0500, "Brent M."

wrote:

You have a good point and I really appreciate your response. I only wish

could find someone competent.

I have had techs here five times to look at the system. The most recent
problem was the pump's hi-speed not engaging. The tech replaced the

circuit
board ($300.00) and it still didn't work. Another $415.00 later he told

me
that he found the problem after all--he had originally hooked up the

wrong
power wire to the hi-speed lug on the pump. While here he next looked at

my
heater as it was not engaging on low speed. He replaced the pressure

switch
and it worked for several minutes. By the next day it didn't work once
again. And here I sit.

I'm so frustrated with the incompetence of my local spa place here in
Northern Va that I'm trying to see what I can do. Can I call someone

other
than a "pool and spa place" to repair this type of thing? I'm ready to

fill
in the spa and stop wasting $$ and time trying to fix it.

Is it possible that you have some underlying problem? Why is there so much

rust?
It sounds to me like you may need a major rebuild.

BB