Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheapo Chinese Dash-cams

On 09/03/18 11:15, alan_m wrote:
On 09/03/2018 10:07, Jeff Layman wrote:

My first one didn't cycle the video files. Once the micro SD card was
full, the dashcam stopped recording.

On some that seems to be as a result of the crash detection creating a
write protected section of video which creates a barrier where the new
over-writing old will not cross. The SD card then needs to be
reformatted to remove this barrier. The crash detection may have been
caused by the camera being poorly fixed and falling off the screen.

This one actually stayed on the screen, but I get what you are
suggesting. However, I always viewed the micro SD card on a laptop and
then deleted the files (and indeed reformatted the card) so it was
clean. The dashcam still wouldn't deleted the oldest file and overwrite
it (it was set up to overwrite the files). A few of the reviews noted
this as a problem - I should have paid more attention!

--

Jeff