Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Cheapo Chinese Dash-cams

On 09/03/2018 10:52, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 09/03/2018 02:39, Nick Odell wrote:
Does anybody have any first-hand experience of cheap Chinese Dash Cams?

On paper the specifications seem very good but there must be something
that justifies the very much higher prices of the branded alternatives.

It's not for myself - it's intended as a not-too-expensive gift for
somebody else. But however not-too-expensive it is, I don't want to be
unfortunate enough to give them a turkey.

Define "not too expensive"
For less than £90 you can get a Ddpai M6Plus.
I think you can see where the extra money goes compared to a £20 dash cam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4N82I8X4Gs

The one I bought a few years ago for £20 off ebay produces images that
good. It also has a GPS logger which most of the cheap cameras don't
have. I would buy another if I could and fit it to the rear.