Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Name this knob

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 6:12:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:

We (UK) have the Magna Carta. While its provisions are few, one of them is more than a little important.

The Magna Carta was written between the lesser and the greater nobles - and had very damned little to do with the serfs. Keep that in mind. Just as the US constitution was written by and for white property-owners - those able to vote at the time.

We have this naive way of re-writing history and taking older information and applying it to situations to which it is neither sensitive nor does it apply. For the edification of Old School, The American Constitution (and American Law as it derives from it) was and is based on English Law (as compared to Roman Law, subsequently, Napoleonic Law), and the Magna Carta is the first inkling of that. And, the bedrock of English Law is the principle that *What is not Forbidden, is Permitted". This is the direct opposite of Roman Law. And the 9th & 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights is the direct expression of this. Please note:

The US Constitution does not speak to:
Homosexuality
Marriage
The National Flag
Abortion
Transgenders
Made in USA

nor many of the other red-meat neo-con issues of the present day. By direct application of Constitutional Principles, all of the above are entirely of no consequence within the context of the Social Contract. I suggest you read your Locke.

For what it's worth, the United States has the longest-lived continuous government in the world - for the moment. And, please do not give me crap about England. The British government of today is nothing like it was under George III.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA