Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Changing an oven element

On 09/03/18 10:22, Graeme wrote:

One oven has ceased to function.Â* The neon shines, the fan spins and the
light works, so I imagine it must be replacement element time.

Can't get the old one out yet, but when I do, any thoughts on a
replacement?Â* Looking at eBay, prices range from less than a tenner to
well over twenty pounds.Â* Would a cheap one be a waste of money?

No. I installed cheap elements in a grill and they have been just fine.,
The originals - well one of them - failed after 35 years ...

I doubt the ownerr will live another 35...

Cooker is Rangemaster 110 dual fuel, if that matters.

Mark Twain