Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default A tap with a mind of its own

Dave W wrote:

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Reading these replies, I wonder if it could be, in my case at least,
because the tap has a particularly lengthy spout which rises almost
vertically from the body of the tap and then curves forward and slightly
down. When the tap is turned off there must be a reasonable amount of
water still in that spout and if the suggestion is right that it expands
then wouldn't it produce exactly the effect I described?

Your spout is just as I suspected. I think the water between the highest
part and the exit is held there by air pressure provided no air can get in,
but probably after one or two drips of water, sufficient air can tunnel in
behind the suspended water which then falls out.

Maybe the o-ring that seals the nozzle swivel is worn and is allowing air
in.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls