Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Need recommendations for pneumatic construction stapler

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 12:52:27 AM UTC-5, ChairMan wrote:
Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates
for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction
stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I
heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do
not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Find a old Senco M11. I've had one for 40 yrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Senco-Model...AOSwcFFang8 P

Other than longevity, how does it compare to more modern staplers?
Features, weight, ease of

Generally speaking, I have a Secno SFN1 finish nailer. It is about 29
years old and has been rebuilt, inexpensively, two times so it is not
obsolete.
I have a total of 6 guns every one is a different brand and each is not a
duplicate in function

The Senco is the oldest and IMHO feels and handles the best of all. It is
simple and mostly toolless and oilless. It looks and feels like a
finished product designed to do exactly what a finish nailer is designed to
do. None of my other guns look like it in design.

My HF stapler, Craftsman brad nailer look and feel like they came from the
same factory. My Greg pin nailer is probably my next favorite fit, finish,
feel, and balance. My Bostitch framing nailer is well built and similar to
the Senco in being unique in design but is a locomotive, big and bulky.
But it is a framer and was perfect for building fences.

OK I lied, I also have a Senco palm nailer. I bought it before the framing
nail gun used it mostly to hail Simpson joist hangers.