Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Sheriff Offers Free Gun Training

On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 8:36:22 AM UTC-5, dvus wrote:
On 3/7/2018 8:45 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
On 3/7/2018 at 3:04:48 AM, dvus wrote:

On 3/6/2018 9:31 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
On 3/6/2018 at 3:34:39 AM, dvus wrote:

I am not sure how horrific the camel-back-breaking incident will
have to be to finally motivate the nation to change the current
absurdity. For now, all public gatherings, schools, workplaces,
shopping centers, trains, buses, hospitals, airports, theaters, day
care centers, concerts. etc., are in extreme danger.

Yes, from mentally deranged people who have no business owning guns.
If the current laws are followed those incidents won't happen but if
the softness on crime continues anything is possible.

It is a great idea to keep all firearms out of the hands of mentally
unstable people.

Unfortunately, many of the mass shootings in our nation are committed
by people who have exhibited no signs of mental illness.

I'd say that shooting a bunch of innocent people is a good sign of
mental instability, wouldn't you?

The obvious problem there is that by then it's too late.
If FL had reasonable gun laws and permit process like we
do here in NJ, Cruz would not have been able to walk in to
a gun store and buy guns. Here, the local police issue
permits following a BACKGROUND check. That includes
talking to people where you work, two references, and looking
at your history with the police, calls to police from
where you live, etc. That is where all the red flags
logically come together. Yet, sadly, in what FL is proposing
to do, I don't see any plans to institute the needed fix.

And yes, I know he might still be able to get a gun anyhow,
but it would make it harder and in the process of trying to
get one illegally, he might wind up arrested or otherwise
blocked. It's all about increasing the odds of stopping
a Cruz, while still allowing normal people to be able to
buy guns.