Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair
dvus dvus is offline

Default Sheriff Offers Free Gun Training

On 3/7/2018 8:45 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
On 3/7/2018 at 3:04:48 AM, dvus wrote:

On 3/6/2018 9:31 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
On 3/6/2018 at 3:34:39 AM, dvus wrote:

I am not sure how horrific the camel-back-breaking incident will
have to be to finally motivate the nation to change the current
absurdity. For now, all public gatherings, schools, workplaces,
shopping centers, trains, buses, hospitals, airports, theaters, day
care centers, concerts. etc., are in extreme danger.

Yes, from mentally deranged people who have no business owning guns.
If the current laws are followed those incidents won't happen but if
the softness on crime continues anything is possible.

It is a great idea to keep all firearms out of the hands of mentally
unstable people.

Unfortunately, many of the mass shootings in our nation are committed
by people who have exhibited no signs of mental illness.

I'd say that shooting a bunch of innocent people is a good sign of
mental instability, wouldn't you?

The Las Vegas massacre of 1 October 2017 is an excellent example.
There were no actionable warning signs and, that perpetrator, Stephen
Paddock. killed 59 (including himself) and injured 851 people.

There is simply no overwhelming need for semi-automatic weapons in
civilian society. They are fun and make people feel like they are
soldiers, I get it, but, for hunting, marksmanship and self-protection,
non-semi-automatic weapons are more reliable, more accurate and less
prone to causing undesired collateral damage.

Yeah, a bunch of criminals will wait while you reload your musket. The
Constitution doesn't say that citizens have the right to bear arms only
if Liberals think there's an "overwhelming need" for them. For them,
that need only exists if they can afford armed security for themselves.

--
dvus