Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default new interior door handle latch won't fully retract, locking you in or out

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
These sort of handles usually have a stop in each handle. If you've
used the old fixing holes it is likely reaching the stop before the
latch has retracted fully.

Remove the fixing screws and turn the handle so the latch is fully
retracted. Mark new screw holes with a pencil, drill pilot holes and
fix. Do the same both sides.

Looks a bit daft with rectangular escutcheons!

True. You'd then be down to dismantling the handle and filing down the
stop.

--
*I'm pretty sure that sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.