Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Miter saw dust collection?

On 3/7/2018 12:00 PM, Markem wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2018 15:27:50 GMT, sawdustmaker
wrote:

Ok -- While we're on the subject. How do I actually collect dust from my
SCMS? Why bother with a bag -- there's more dust around my saw than there
is in the bag. I've looked and there doesn't seem to be a good way to
collect dust other than enclose the entire back in a box with a hole for
the dust collector hose. Is there another way?

You can hook it up to the vacum (but you still need the broom and dust
pan), build a work station set it up with connection to dust
collection system.

Buy a Festool and Vacum ( you will get at least 90% in the vac).

Maybe not, He would need the Kapex too, and any decent vacuum should
suffice.

SCMS are not well made for dust collection neither are most RAS.

Use it outside?