Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default NatWest - home card reader?

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 15:37:04 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

On 07/03/2018 15:00, S Viemeister wrote:
On 3/7/2018 9:49 AM, Martin wrote:

I'd go to your local bank branch and ask them for help. If you have given
somebody your password change it quick.

That's going to be difficult for many people.
RBS has announced the closing of my nearest branch (5 miles away),
probably by the end of the year. The next nearest branches of ANY bank,
are either 40 miles east or 100 miles south.

Nice of them to actually announce it. I found out one local branch had
closed when I tried to make an appointment to see the manager and was
told that no such branch existed. I knew it did - I had been in a month
before. Checking Manchester Evening News online showed it was a branch
they decided to suddenly close which sort of explains why I didn't know.

I sent a cheque and credit slip to the address on my cheque book, only
to find that the branch had been closed and redirection had expired,