Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default NatWest - home card reader?

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
He managed it by sending a four digit code to my phone, me then reading
the digits back to him.

All very confusing, but it worked in the end. Has anyone heard of
NatWest's card readers? Why could I not progress with the online
banking, entering a new recipient?

Barclays have had similar for ages. They call it a PINSentry unit. Only
really needed for setting up a new payee from your account. Once you've
done that, you can then transfer money to that account without it, as
often as you like.

Until all your payees mysteriously vanish and you have to set them
up all over again.

Happened to me last year. Never could understand Barclays 'explanation'.