Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default new interior door handle latch won't fully retract, locking you in or out

Do these use the old square bars? I noticed some time ago some enterprising
Herbert had decided to make these out of nylon, and hence they wear and can
even break off!

I do sometimes wonder if people have ever heard of the old adage, if its
not bust don't fix it.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 07/03/2018 14:44, Rachael wrote:
I had new Gate House interior lever door handles for bedrooms. Worked
great. I changed them out for the same brand and style only with lock.
Now the latch
doesn't fully retract keeping you from being able to get in/out. Is
there a
quick fix? Why would that happen. I have 3 and all have the exact same
problem.

I have found when the latches themselves wear internally, they do slightly
less retraction for a given amount of rotation. So if the new handles turn
them slightly less, the only option might be new latches to go with them.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |