Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default new interior door handle latch won't fully retract, locking you in or out

I doubt that but at least its not a reply to a years old post.
Thinking about this logically it can only be two things, either the travel
of the rotation is more for the locking version of the lock in the door, or
something is obstructing it.
I'd take it all apart and check the lock actually does what it should
externally first.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Rachael was thinking very hard :
I had new Gate House interior lever door handles for bedrooms. Worked
great. I changed them out for the same brand and style only with lock.
Now the latch
doesn't fully retract keeping you from being able to get in/out. Is
there a
quick fix? Why would that happen.

Obviously that happened because you are posting via the lame homehub site,
rather than using a properly newsgroup application.