Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default NatWest - home card reader?

On 07/03/2018 14:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
He managed it by sending a four digit code to my phone, me then reading
the digits back to him.

All very confusing, but it worked in the end. Has anyone heard of
NatWest's card readers? Why could I not progress with the online
banking, entering a new recipient?

Yes. I have one in front of me now. It looks like any other banks home
card reader except in Natwest colours and with a red Natwest logo on the
front. You need it to initiate any new or novel online transfers.

No idea when they switched it on but at least 3 years ago.

Looks to be identical to the Nationwide one apart from the colour of the
plastic and the type of cards it will accept. They are annoyingly brand
specific so you can't just use another banks - it says "wrong card".

--
Regards,
Martin Brown