Posted to alt.home.repair
Mia Shower Doors - Raleigh NC Mia Shower Doors - Raleigh NC is offline

Default Is Diamon-Fusion worth the price?

replying to Square Peg, Mia Shower Doors - Raleigh NC wrote:
We are a company that specializes in custom frameless shower enclosures. I
know there is a lot of conflicting information out there, so hopefully this
will help someone in the decision making process. :-)

No - You will not need any special cleaning agents to care for your shower
glass treated with Diamon Fusion. All you really need is water and a squeegee
or any kind of towel to dry the glass. A couple of cleaning products that
will not damage the sealed surface includude Sprayway glass cleaner (ammonia
free) available from most stores for just $2.50/ can or a diluted vinegar/
water solution. No need to buy any expensive proprietary cleaners. Simply
avoid a few bad ingredients like ammonia, bleach and abrasive cleaners. And
yes, DF is worth it's weight in gold! We have seen it in action over the
years and know that without a doubt this is the*_ best_* product on the market
for shower glass.
That is not to say that other available products are not good because there
are some great ones out there. Hence you have Good / Better / Best options.
It all depends on which product your shower door / glass company offers and
how much time & effort you want to put into the process yourself. Each of
these products have a specific expected life span and depending on your
intentions with your home it may or may not be the right solution for your
situation. We have seen showers in near perfect condition where the homeowner
used RainX...now they had to re-apply it once every 3 weeks to keep it
protected. So do the math on an hour of your time and money spent on that
over the years and see what makes sense for your lifestyle. If you don't want
to spend the money on Diamon Fusion, then I would recommend getting a product
geared towards shower doors that will last a minimum of 3-5 years because that
is more realistic and manageable for most people. These can be professionally
applied but some are also available as a DYI products. The risk with DYI is
that you need to make sure you are applying the right amount of product for
your square feet of glass to cover it using the proper technique to get the
job done right. Remember - shower glass is different from a windshield. You
are not only battling water spots and mineral deposits, but we need to protect
for chemical/ soaps and body oils as well. This is why getting a specific
shower door product is the best bet no matter what you buy.

You wouldn't buy a new car and not carry full coverage insurance would you?
The most important thing is to seal your glass one way or another to protect
your investment - otherwise it can be ruined in a very short amount of time
depending on your water quality.

P.S. Everything DFI states below is true and not marketing bs. This company
stands behind their product, but it really isn't necessary because it will
last a lifetime with very little maintenance. Yes, it is expensive but this
nano- technology didn't create itself and besides - everything is expensive!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ce-342154-.htm