Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Which make of Consumer Unit?

On 06/03/2018 15:13, GB wrote:
On 06/03/2018 15:00, wrote:
Are there any reasons to choose one make over another?
I need a split amd3 board with one section RCD protected, one section
of RCBOs and a few unprotected MCBs for sheds and other things with
their own RCDs - probably a total of 14 circuits. Without any reason
to choose a particular manufacturer I'm drawn towards MK because I've
got a few MK MCBs - is there a good reason to choose a different
manufacturer?

I chose MK recently, purely on the basis that I have never been let down
by their gear.

Now that I've looked around some more I've seen a few people moaning
about MK quality.

It may be better value to buy one of the pre-populated ones?

Because of the number of radial circuits the pre-pop units don't have
the mix I need