Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Sheriff Offers Free Gun Training

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 9:31:54 AM UTC-5, Dove Tail wrote:
On 3/6/2018 at 3:34:39 AM, dvus wrote:

On 3/5/2018 8:21 AM, Dove Tail wrote:

Regardless of Peterson's behavior, I am convinced that civilians in
our society have no legitimate need for semi-automatic weapons.

Well, luckily the Founding Fathers didn't agree with you and forbade
infringement on the right to bear. If you can amend the Constitution
to agree with your stance then I'll have to change my stance as well.
Good luck!

Numerous laws have been passed then upheld by SCOTUS which ban
different types of weapons.

As I have written previously, my proposal about SA weapons might not
happen today or tomorrow, but, as the mass shootings continue and as
the body count increases, it would be foolish to expect things to
remain status quo.

It is also important to remember the second amendment is not inviolate.
With support from the requisite number of states, etc., the
constitution can be amended. The last amendment was ratified in 1992
and was submitted for ratification in 1789, 202 years. Fortunately,
most other amendments take far less time to ratify.

I am not sure how horrific the camel-back-breaking incident will have
to be to finally motivate the nation to change the current absurdity.
For now, all public gatherings, schools, workplaces, shopping centers,
trains, buses, hospitals, airports, theaters, day care centers,
concerts. etc., are in extreme danger.

And they will continue to be in danger even if you confiscated
all the semi-autos. The perps will simply show up with
shotguns and revolvers. Of course then you
libs will say your first gun grab didn't work, so now we need to grab those too. And don't forget the part where you told
us that the govt wouldn't even have to pay anything when they
take those guns, because as soon as they are illegal, they
are essentially worthless.

You claim the SC has supported banning certain types of guns
before, eg full auto. But they have never been presented
with a ban that tried to make illegal a hundred million guns
that are the very essence of what is used by Americans for
their second amendment rights. Semi-auto pistols are the
weapon of choice for home defense, CCW, business owners,
security guards, etc.

BTW, where are all those posts of mine that you claimed you
reviewed and had about my position on Trump, but you
still can't produce? Lib liar!