Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Common Hardwood Floor Wood

On 3/6/2018 5:42 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 3/6/2018 1:45 AM, Leon wrote:
Meanie wrote:
I plan to finish my stairs this summer (remove carpet and add treads &
risers) and want to match my hardwood floor at bottom of stairs (main
floor). I'm far from an expert at identifying wood species but think my
hardwood floors are red oak. I do know when I had the floors redone
years ago they use a honey maple stain. The home was built in 1949, what
type of wood do you think they would have used?

Here is a picture I took of an item on the floor which may help
identify. Disregard the item.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

Thank you

Now that you know what kind of wood to use, what color are you going to
paint it?

Paint? Is this a trick question? No decent person would paint over
beautiful hardwood.

;~)