Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur Clive Arthur is offline

Default What LED cycle type bulbs to buy

On 04/03/2018 20:13, Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 19:58:54 +0000
wrote:

Whichever you buy, PLEASE point it downwards. I'm getting tired of
being semi-blinded by idiots on bikes who have their lights pointing
too far ahead. I'm generally anti-legislation but bike lights are now
so bright that we need some rules on intensity and potential to
dazzle other road users.

There already are rules (Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations IIRC) and
some cyclists ignore them just as some car drivers do, whether purposely
or not, in ignorance or malice ... who can say?
At least it makes a change from people complaining about unlit bikes.

Even if all the rules are followed, they don't AIUI cover headtorches
(or anything not mounted on the bike) which can be quite annoying.

Cheers
--
Clive