Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Name this knob

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:14:28 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

If I want to measure walkable distances without tools, which occasionally happens,
I use yards or metres. Human feet are seldom a foot long.

I always wondered who's feet they used to develop the original foot (as
in 12"). Human feet vary greatly in size. Of course children have
shorter feet and women usually do also. Adult males usually
have feet as close to 12" as possible.
In my case, I wear a size 11 shoe. My feet measure 10 5/8" from heel to
tip of longest toe. To measure something with my feet, I'm best off
doing it with my shoes on. They are very close to 12" on the outside. Of
course that too depends on the type of shoe or boot. My big old heavy
winter boots are over 13", but well insulated.

I met a guy once who needs size 15 shoes. Them are some big honking
feet!!! He had to go to a special store to buy shoes.

Don't think I ever met a grown person with 4" hands.

The 'hand' is the width of the palm, not the finger span.

That's Correct.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

BTW
In metric, my size 11 shoes would be 27.94cm (28cm). That seems totally
awkward.....

But then there are men who prefer to measure their male organ in metric,
because the number is larger, they seem to think it makes them sound
more masculine. So the average 6" penis is now a 15.24cm penis...
I'm sorry to say, but it's the same damn size, and it wont impress the
women any more !!!