Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Festool Autopsy-- The Sorted Truth Behind the Legend

On 3/4/18 7:22 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 3/3/2018 7:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
This guys is hilarious! Lots of videos like this. Take it with a
grain of salt and a sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezp-_DcUgg

Yeah he is funny. I saw this video a few years ago.

I've been a subscriber of his for a few months, but I'm still not
sure what "Kooch" (sp?) is? I don't know whether he used the term is
this video or not, but he says it alot! He should write a
dictionary.

Bill

Skookum Choocher! :-)

From what I can translate, skookum means good-- does the job very well.
Choocher is just slang for the thing that does the job. Chooch being
the verb form.

This saw is choochin along great! I'm guessing it was derived from a
choo-choo train. Little engine that could, right? The train is
choochin along the tracks. It's a good train, strong train-- a real
skookum choocher!

Apparently, skookum is a Chinook slang word for strong, powerful.
According to wiki, anyway.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)