Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SWA colours

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
The man cave project goes ahead. The old sectional garage has been
demolished, and I found to my surprise that the SWA feeding it is blue,
red, and yellow. Is a new sparky going to balk at this and insist it is
replaced? (it would be a PITA - the cable goes into the house...)

Those were the standard colours for 3 core SWA - the old three phase ones.

It should have had sleeves on both ends using the 'normal' colours of the
time for LN&E.

--
*Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.