Joseph Meehan

Default Which thermostat to buy

If you are away from home on a schedule (like work) or if you like to
reduce the heat or increase the air at night, I suggest a programmable.
They make the process easier, more comfortable and efficient. You will save
the additional cost.

As for your problem, it is more likely a problem of mis sized furnace or
a mis adjusted thermostat. If the furnace is over sized, a new thermostat
is not going to help much. If the thermostat needs adjusting the new one
may help, but only because it is now better matched to your needs.

There are a number of high quality thermostats. If you decide to
upgrade, then I suggest letting your professional make the choice. They
know which ones cause problems and will not suggest one.

Right now if I had to replace mine I would choose the same one
Phisherman suggested. It may not be the most reliable, but I like it
(actually it is several different models with different features and
specifications).

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"bargaindealsman" wrote in message
We are having a company come over and inspect our gas furnace for
safety next week. Our current thermostat is old and the house is
heating very unevenly. It gets pretty cold before the heat kicks on
and then warms too much. I wanted to get a new thermostat installed
while he/she is here. Can someone please suggest a high quality
thermostat you are familiar with. I am still debating if I want a
programmable thermostat or not, so I would appreciate suggestions of
both types. When I looked thru the Honeywell web site, I saw some
thermostats don't require batteries and are powered off the furnace,
so I would prefer that because a pro will install it.

Thank you for any suggestions.