tony sayer

Default Fitting aerial on roof - how to get up there!

In article , Owain
writes
"David Aldridge" wrote
| "John Flax" wrote
| Have you considered putting an aerial in the loft?
| I could - but its a squeeze getting up there!
| I need to get a good strong reception - what would the difference
| in reception be?

Could be as little as 10% of an external rooftop aerial.

Owain

But far more likely to be much greater than this. Depends on what the
signal field is like in your area. What frequency group the local TX is
on, the higher number channels are more lossy. What the roof's made of
and what, if any, foil there is in the felt. What metalwork there is in
the roof. Whether or not you want DTV etc...

Consider if it costs you a hundred pounds set that over say ten years
and that's about tenner a year for a good as possible picture, and then
think how many hours you'll be using the TV over that time.

Any BTW use a good down lead CT 100 the stuff they use for satellite
receivers. A bit more expense, but far better than the string they sell
as low loss TV cable..

Money well spent...
--
Tony Sayer