Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default screwfix lap lighting

On 04/03/2018 15:14, Stephen Blakemore wrote:
replying to Stephen, Stephen Blakemore wrote:
I bought a L A PĀ* L E D sensor light from Screwfix last week and having
sensor
problems. Took the light back to Screwfix thinking that the sensor was
faulty,
only to find that the replacement light is doing exactly the same thing.
Set
the light up in my garage and 10 minutes later when i open my garage
door, the
light is on????? Any ideas?????? Followed all the instructions. Such a
shame
because the light is perfect for what i want it for, if i could only get
the
sensor to work properly.

The post you are replying to is years old!

i) these type of lights usually have a timer - are you sure that you
have set the timer for less than 10 minutes.

ii) these type of lights often have a manual override so that you can
permanently switch them on. This function is often selected by removing
the power and then re-instating it within 15 seconds. To get back to
auto mode switch off the power for a couple of minutes and then switch
back on.

iii) are you sure that when you open the garage door that the PIR isn't
seeing a change in heat and triggering the light on?