Posted to rec.woodworking

Default go to wood selection for thin application

On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 14:25:01 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 11:31:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 04:08:12 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 1:13:34 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
for making a frequent use item using thin wood what are some typical
wood selections

think something like a book cover

oak comes to mind first but oak is dense and heavy

a ply might work but wood would look best for this use

has to hold a hinge and most likely will be a nut and bolt because
just screws and glue will work loose eventually

If I "think something like a book cover" I don't think anything like nuts and bolts.

I've used nuts and bolts to bind notebooks. #10 machine screws (IIRC)
fits 3-ring binder holes pretty well.

Did your notebook have a thin wooden cover?

Processed wood, sometimes called a "title page", sure. ;-)

Maybe if you were more specific, we could be too.