Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Leicester Explosion

On 03/03/2018 20:03, Nightjar wrote:
On 03-Mar-18 7:23 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 03 Mar 2018 19:07:58 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
Given that one of those charged is the shopkeeper,

Of a Polish shop??

what makes you sure
there's not some other explanation, such as an insurance job?

Because the police (and Bob Eager) were *immediately* able to rule out
terrorism. ;-

The police did not immediately rule out terrorism. They simply said at
the beginning that they were not, at that time, treating it as a
terrorist attack, which is far from the same thing.

Indeed. But it always looked very much like a gas explosion. Which could
be a "genuine" accident, or an incompetent plumber, or some sort of
"inside job" for whatever reasons. Still doesn't smell to me much like
being jihadis, *or* right wing. Hence the initial police statement (and,
in the current climate, I'm all in favour of police presenting their
initial assessment as quickly as possible).