Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Entry Level Festool

On 3/3/2018 11:25 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 11:20:32 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/3/2018 9:04 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 3/1/18 8:06 AM, Leon wrote:

Because they do not use the vac, I have not used them yet.Â* I have not
built anything that requires hand sanding lately.

As far as paper lasting longer because of the vac, that is true.Â* The
Rubin, which I used to use, lasted longer than 3M and PC branded paper
with out a vac.Â* But the Granat trumps the Rubin many times over in
longevity with the vac.

I'm a big fan of the Granat papers. Do the sanding pads come in a
systainer?

Can't answer that with any knowledge but if the video is any indicator,
yes. Seems odd that you would need or want a $70 systainer to hold sand
paper but Festool does have a systainer for holding sanding disks.....

I'd prefer not to pay for any systainers but that's not the way the
tools come. I understand systainers if you're working in the
customer's kitchen. The sandpaper is in the stack with the tools.
Otherwise, I think systainers are an excuse to sell sys-carts. ;-)

This is true but this paper lasts so long you probably would not need
more that 2~3 pieces for a kitchen. Maybe.. ;~)