Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin meltdown

On Saturday, 3 March 2018 11:58:42 UTC, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/03/2018 11:41, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Just coming back on topic, most posters have bemoaned the fact that Maplins was not what it used to be and generally dear. However, with the number of replies to the topic are we secretly sad to see it go?

Should I buy one of these in case I need it in futu
https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/c-battery...r-4-pack-l64aq
(I haven't seen one elsewhere; I don't even know what it would be called.)

poundland. I put AAs in old clocks designed for Cs, no convertor needed if they're not moved much.

Where else can I make a "distress purchase" for a single pot or
capacitor &c.?

if you're really stuck a repair place might - but often not.

Where else can I buy cable by the metre?

wilkinsons

Where else can I buy LED strips in 10cm increments?

I've seen LED strip, maybe wilkinsons, even at their inflated price I expect it was cheaper to buy than 4" of Maplin stuff.

I've used Maplin all of once, when we really needed a cable for an event. The price was outrageous, hence random online sellers have had the other 99% of the business.

NT