Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Maplin meltdown

On 03/03/2018 11:58, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/03/2018 11:41, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Just coming back on topic, most posters have bemoaned the fact that
Maplins was not what it used to be and generally dear. However, with
the number of replies to the topic are we secretly sad to see it go?

Should I buy one of these in case I need it in futu
https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/c-battery...r-4-pack-l64aq
(I haven't seen one elsewhere; I don't even know what it would be called.)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-AA-t...4AAOSwtfhYrDNe

Usually a complete waste of time. If a piece of modern equipment is
designed to take a C size battery substituting a AA in a plastic holder
is likely to give limited performance.

Where else can I make a "distress purchase" for a single pot or
capacitor &c.?

Isn't that the problem you only use them for distress purchases and they
are not normally your first choice.

Where else can I buy cable by the metre?

Ebay

Where else can I buy LED strips in 10cm increments?

Cheaper to buy a 1m strip elsewhere than a 10cm strip from Maplin.