Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Condensate

On 03/03/2018 10:38, Roger Hayter wrote:
Tim+ wrote:

GB wrote:
Our boiler flue slopes downwards, so most of the condensate runs out
that way. This is the result:

http://tinypic.com/m/k2k6k6/2

(For Brian, it's a massive icicle hanging from our bin which is right
under the flue.)

My sister's new boiler flue was like this. It's a cock-up. You should get
whoever fitted it back to do it properly (if possible).

Tim

Before condensing boilers, wasn't that the right way to do it?

Generally yup.

Many condensors have the internal flue pipe set in the outer sleeve at
an upward pointing angle - so that even if the flue is bored through the
wall horizontally there is still an internal slope. Alas that will only
correct for a certain amount of downward angle in the hole.

--
Cheers,

John.