Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Condensate

Yes seen this sort of thing before. They can also hang from street lamps and
actually damage people or cars underneath when they drop off from a great
height.
Many years ago when we first moved in in the 1950s, we used to get icicles
inside the house where the ceiling curved around at the eaves.
We had a paraffin heater at the time so I'm assuming his is where the
moisture came from.
This cold snap has been strange at least here in that there have been very
few iciccles according to other people. the humidity of the air has been
incredibly low for some reason.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"GB" wrote in message
news
Our boiler flue slopes downwards, so most of the condensate runs out that
way. This is the result:

http://tinypic.com/m/k2k6k6/2

(For Brian, it's a massive icicle hanging from our bin which is right
under the flue.)