Posted to rec.woodworking

Default WEN 5014 Electric Chainsaw question

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 20:12:40 -0700, Just Wondering
wrote:

On 3/1/2018 8:01 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Unfortunately, 14 years ago when Dave was trying to fix his chain saw, he
started it with a loose chain. The chain flew off, crashed through a window
and knocked his young son's gold fish bowl off the table. When Dave went
into the house to retrieve the chain, he heard (and felt) a squish under his
foot. He tried to hide the evidence but his son walked in, and thinking that
Dad had purposely stomped his beloved pet to death, he turned his back on his
father forever. "You are as dead to me as Bubbles is."

Dave took to drinking, moved into a cabin in the woods where, even to this
day, he wears the chain around his neck (loosely) as a reminder of the
family that he once had.

It's a sad story but there is a lesson in it for all of us. I'll leave it to
you to figure out what that lesson is.

We should demand universal registration of chainsaws?

And they need to close the chainsaw show loophole, too.