Rod Hewitt

Default Recessing elecric socket - please help!

Martin Angove wrote in
:

In message ,
"Slugsie" wrote:

"Martin Angove" wrote in message

On a similar note, when I was about 13 or 14 I "recovered" an unused
length of magnesium tape from the chemistry lab and then tried to
light it using the 1-bar electric fire which was the only heating at
that time in the "computer suite" (a room with ancient desks and 8 or
10 BBC micros). Disappointingly I took out that wing of the school
(three classrooms and a lab) rather than lighting the tape. I presume
I must have touched the grill on the fire at the same time as the
element.

Hmmm - must confess. I used to take wodges of magnesium ribbon and shove
strips across the live/neutral of the sockets in the dormitory. Then switch
on. Amazingly bright flash, impressive bang and, quite often, blown fuses.

Rod