Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Entry Level Festool

On 3/1/2018 11:52 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 6:07:28 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've been using the Diablo Sand-Net disks on my ROS and they seem to work really well.
I've not had any of the ripping that some folks have mentioned and they don't clog at all.

I've even used them by hand to knock down brushstrokes and smooth primer. No clogging
with paint like paper would because of the net construction.

Haven't tried any Granat paper yet. I'll do that.

Leon gave me a piece of Granat and I put it on my Ridgid ROS. I was completely impresses with how well it lasted. After researching the paper a bit more I found that it wasn't really much more than some of the other papers I have been using and it was readily available on Amazon. Most likely when I get another large refinishing job I will bite on a pack of it.

I have had mixed results with the net style sandpaper, so I would be interested in seeing your thoughts comparing the two. I have been using the Diablo line of paper as I can buy a 5 pack pretty much anywhere. It's really good paper until you get in the heavier grits. I noticed with the piece of Granat that it seemed to sand more aggressively than the specified grit, but left no marks behind.

Robert

If, "net" style sand paper is like Abrinet Sanding screens..... I was
not impress with their tear resistance. It was possible to immediately
destroy a piece, or if very careful on a flat surface, it "could" last
as long as regular paper. It did however work well as long as it did
not tear up. Absolutely did not last as long as Granat.