Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Glue 21.5mm overflow pipe

On 01/03/2018 14:49, David wrote:
On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 06:04:48 -0800, tabbypurr wrote:

I want to glue some of this pipe, which I presume is uPVC. It's a
pinhole. The solvents in the usual solvent weld things are not usable in
this case, so I'm looking at glues. It needs to tolerate water, and it
can't be decomissioned for repair, so has to cope with slight seepage at
near zero pressure during application. It doesn't need heat tolerance.

Would epoxy or epoxy putty do the job, after roughening the surface?

NT

Duct tape?

If you can get right round it easily, then a few turns of ordinary PVC
electrical tape, under tension, will make a surprisingly good repair.

Plumbers epoxy putty is an alternative if it is hard to wrap, as another
poster said a bit of roughening will do no harm.

There are two sorts of solvent weld pipe and fitting; ABS and PVC, and
they have different "solvents". One will work OK on the other, but not
the other way round. Google should tell you which.