Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin meltdown

On 01/03/18 16:19, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 1 March 2018 16:13:54 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 01/03/2018 14:45, Max Demian wrote:

So how does supermarket stock control work?

Most seem to do regular shelf stock checks presumably to see if
what the computer says they have hasn't been spirited away.

I've always assumed that they used what the sell at the till points
as that goes direct to the ordering sections, there's little need to
count stolen stuff as that is a relatively small amount.

You think?

"Shoppers are stealing more than £1.6 billion worth of items from
supermarkets every year as frustration with self service tills leads to
theft, a survey found."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/household-bills/10603984/Shoppers-steal-billions-through-self-service-tills.html

OK on the scale of what we pay the EU, thats not huge

But every little helps eh?

It's about 1% of total turnover.