Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin meltdown

On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 12:59:16 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 12:11:02 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Yup. Take Cambridge as an example. They dont WANT cars anywhere NEAR
the town

Canterbury isn't much better. I've not gone into Canterbury much in
years, except recently once a week for the part time retirement job!

At least Canterbury has car parks and they seem to be switching to ANPR
and online automatic charging instead of Pay & Display.

That's true. I tend to go where the parking is cheaper (or free). And the
traffic isn't so bad.