Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin meltdown

In article ,
jkn wrote:
A sort-of upmarket competitor to Henry's etc. was 'Home Radio' - very
much the Waitrose end of things. I had one of their catalogues as well
(with an artistic Barbara Hepworth scuplure on the front, you'd never
get that with Henrys).

They were a rather odd company. Not that far from here, in Mitcham. Had a
counter in a newish block, with the same oldbloke always serving. Then
moved to Wimbledon, but always seemed to be closed. Then disappeared.

I still have their 'Good Companion' tranny portable which I built, bought
from my first salary, and it still works, although I don't. ;-) 55 years
old.

--
*I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.