Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Painting Presure Treated Wood

On 2/28/2018 1:01 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 10:29:13 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Our house was built about 10 years ago, and pressure treated wood was
used for the hand rails. At some point prior to when we bought the
house 7 years ago some one painted the rails. They appear to not have
prepared the wood as three years ago we had it painted because it was
pealing and it is pealing again.

We want to repaint, but realize we need to prep the wood properly this time.

My plan is to scrap and burn all of the old paint. Let it dry, and
paint with a primer and then a good paint.

Is there something that I am missing or is there a better way of
handling the situation.

Are the balusters round or square? How many are there?

Robert

Square.

Many. I have not counted them but the porch is 5 feet on the ends and
32 feet long with steps in the middle.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre