Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Baltic Birch and that outer stuff

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 08:22:04 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Never again for this purpose...

" If you want first quality oats you need to be willing to pay first
quality price.
If onthe other hand you are willing to settle for oats that have
already been throiugh the horse, they DO come a little bit cheaper "

The borg birch faced "plywood" definitely classifies as "already been
through the horse".

FWIW Baltic birch pretty much stands more than head and shoulders above
the rest, including most any other plywood that my trades supplier has
to offer. But BB does not always fill the bill for everything.
Regardless of where I bought my non BB material, I would have had the
same results.

I was not casting aspersions on the source - just on the product and I
needed to identify the product in some way.
Yes, youcan buy basically the same crap at any "lumber supplier".